What we believe
- We believe in God, our heavenly Father, who creates and sustains all things by his Holy Spirit, and whose purpose with human-kind is explained in the Bible.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and sent to be our Saviour.
- We believe that Jesus died for our sins, was raised from the dead and was given eternal life by the Father.
- We believe that God has made Jesus our Lord in heaven, head of his worldwide church.
- We believe Jesus strengthens us by God’s grace to help us to serve God and overcome our sinful desires.
- We believe that those who commit their lives to God by being baptised into Jesus receive forgiveness of their sins and become sons and daughters of God by adoption.
- We believe that Jesus is God’s presence in his church today, preparing its members for the day of his appearing and kingdom.
- We believe that Jesus will raise the dead and give everlasting life to all those who have put their trust in him.
In addition to our Sunday services, we have …
- Growth Groups – Our members arrange informal mid-week house groups at which they and their friends can worship and study the Bible together. You would be very welcome to join a group – please contact us for more details.
- Church Retreats and Outings – From time to time our members take time out to share each other’s company away from the pressures of daily life – a time to unwind, to share fellowship with fellow believers, and for reflection together on God’s word.
- Fund-raising activities – Serving others is a key part of Christianity, and we support a variety of charities and projects, including Christadelphian Meal-a-Day (www.meal-a-day.org) which provides for those in developing countries who suffer poor living standards and lack basic services. We also support a programme of winter welfare for homeless people in Latvia, and we support a range of UK charities.